Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pasta salad

Note: This was a draft for a long while back that I forgot to post but now it's up.  So the date is wrong.



Today I made pasta salad for a potluck at church. The recipe is below. Unbelabley I did end up following the recipe as was.  (ok so it is my own recipe so maybe that's why I followed it.   Sorry no picture I forgot to take one before I left for the potluck and now it's gone. 



Seafood Salad


1 ½  pound shrimp, peel                                                                 
1 (16 ounces) package noodle shells (#27)
1 (12 ounces) package imitation crab meat, cubed
½ cup chives, finely chopped
1 cup mayonnaise (For some reason it sometimes need more than 1 cup)
1 cup frozen peas (optional)
black pepper to taste


Season shrimp and cook (without adding water) over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes.  Be careful not to over cook shrimp; drain and cool. Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse.  When shrimp and noodles are cooled combine all ingredients in a salad bowl; mix well.  Refrigerate and allow to chill thoroughly before serving.

You may wish to set a few shrimp aside in order to garnish

No comments:

Post a Comment