Monday, March 24, 2014

Lenten Penance


Hello All,

Since the Baron and I are Catholic we have decided to sacrifice during this season of Lent.  We have both given up meat for the entirety of lent, he has given up sweet drinks, tea, and good coffee (he assures me the coffee at work is terrible and can not be enjoyed especially with no sugar or cream.)

We have also committed to helping out for our Parish's Stations of the Cross, meditation and soup supper.  This means I am making a meatless soup for everyone to share.   It is actually quite a nice thing and doesn't feel very penitential however it can sometimes be a inconvenience which is penitential.  I will try to post the recipes for the soup I made for the soup suppers.  The 1st soup I made was Soup Julienne.  It was quite nice and made a large quantity of soup.  This past week I made Shrimp and Corn Chowder.  It went over quite well.  I really enjoyed it also.

I have also made Saint Antorny of the Dessert soup the 1st week of Lent.  It was quite nice.  I had never used barly in a recipe before so it was a new expeiance for me.  I think I like it.  This also made alot of soup.  We ate on it for a few days.

I will try to keep up the recipes for soup suppers as well as any other new recipes I use try during my Lenten journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment