Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Chicken and Bowtie Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce
Hello all you blog readers,
I made the best artery clogging terrible for you dinner last night but it was SOOOO GOOD. It was Chicken and Bowtie Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce from the Allrecipes.com page. We decided to have Dayna and her family from "Trying to be the change I want to see.." over. We had green salad, croissants, the Chicken and Bowtie Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce and Lucky Duck Cabernet Sauvignon. Chewbaby had pigs in a blanket and Maria cookies. Over all it was a good night with friends.
Some improvements to the Chicken and Bowtie Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce were made.
(Made 10 servings instead of 6)
1. I added 3 slices of crumbled bacon.
2. I seasoned my chicken with Cajun seasoning, ground red and black pepper and some Accent.
3. I poured most of the bacon grease out and I cooked my chicken in what remained on the bottom. (I know terrible for you).
4. I used half whipping cream and half fat free half and half instead of all whipping cream.
5. I added finely chopped onions (about 1/4 cup), 3 cups of mushrooms ( we love mushrooms), and cooked it in 2 Tbs butter, 2 tbs olive oil and some of the bacon grease (I know your rolling your eyes but I don't mind. I started telling you it was SO bad for you.)
6. I only cooked one box of bowtie and it was enough.
I am kind of sad I didn't make more because I wouldn't mind having it for dinner tonight. Instead I'm going to make the semi-homemade pizza.