Campbell's Brothy Shrimp and Rice Scampi
3 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound fresh or frozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 medium green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- Heat the broth in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil . Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Divide the shrimp among 3 serving bowls. Stir the lemon juice into the saucepan. Pour the rice mixture over the shrimp. Top with the onions.
As usually I have a few improvements.
1. Season the shrimp with Accent (MSG) and/or Cajun seasoning.
2. I tend to leave out the lemon.
3. I also tend to but a bit more chicken broth to extend the soup.