Saturday, December 18, 2010

Pizzelle princess

I have spend my morning making pizzelle's. I have acquired my mom-in-law's pizzelle recipe handed down my the Baron's Sicilian grandmother. The are more substantial than pizzelles I've had in the past. So far I think I've done a good joy. As of now I have 9 dozen pizzelle's for a party tonight. I've also made my highly coveted eutoufee. Now to pack the car with gifts and to make rice. I'm off to take a lovely well earned bath. I'm hopping the Baron take my advice and goes to cut his hair. It's starting too poof out everywhere. The recipe pizzelles is included below.

__________________________________________________
Old Fashion Italian Pizzelle

Make 9 - 10 dozen small pizzelles

Ingredient:
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 TBS shortening (I used butter flavored Crisco)
4 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp backing powder
1 tsp amise oil or other flavoring oils put a bit more if using extract due to evaporation of alcohol (I used about 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
2 TBS honey
5 cups flour

Directions:
1. Beat egg and sugar gradually till smooth. (I recommend using an electric standing mixer)
2. Add butter, shortening, flavor and honey.
3. In a new bowl sift flour and baking powder.
4. Slowly pour together till smooth. Will make thick dough like substance.
5. Roll into 1 to 1/2 teaspoon balls and place on press. Follow press instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment