I have spend my morning making pizzelle's. I have acquired my mom-in-law's pizzelle recipe handed down my the Baron's Sicilian grandmother. The are more substantial than pizzelles I've had in the past. So far I think I've done a good joy. As of now I have 9 dozen pizzelle's for a party tonight. I've also made my highly coveted eutoufee. Now to pack the car with gifts and to make rice. I'm off to take a lovely well earned bath. I'm hopping the Baron take my advice and goes to cut his hair. It's starting too poof out everywhere. The recipe pizzelles is included below.
Old Fashion Italian Pizzelle
Make 9 - 10 dozen small pizzelles
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 TBS shortening (I used butter flavored Crisco)
4 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp backing powder
1 tsp amise oil or other flavoring oils put a bit more if using extract due to evaporation of alcohol (I used about 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
2 TBS honey
5 cups flour
1. Beat egg and sugar gradually till smooth. (I recommend using an electric standing mixer)
2. Add butter, shortening, flavor and honey.
3. In a new bowl sift flour and baking powder.
4. Slowly pour together till smooth. Will make thick dough like substance.
5. Roll into 1 to 1/2 teaspoon balls and place on press. Follow press instructions.